Do I have to pay to use the songs?

All authors and the publisher are members of the German collecting society GEMA. GEMA represents our rights as authors and music publishers when it comes to publication and reproduction. It does not take into account our rights in so-called synergies, such as TV, film and advertising. Here the music publishers and authors grant the licenses for the use of the works themselves. Likewise for the use of the recordings that make the compositions audible, the ancillary copyrights.
Public broadcasters and production companies that produce films for these broadcasters have contracts with GEMA and GVL. Here our works can be used within the scope of the framework agreements with GEMA.
Co-productions or use on other distribution and usage channels require licensing.


So if you create works that use our music and these are not broadcast exclusively on German public TV and radio stations, then you need a license from us. This can also apply abroad if collecting societies have concluded a framework agreement with broadcasters. If in doubt, ask us and send a message.




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *